Find Out About the Frames for The Best Adjustable Beds After 2015
Most bed frames are not accommodating. Many frames can’t be adjusted, which means you have to buy a new frame if you want a smaller or larger mattress. If you have kids, a twin bed may be fine today, but as your child grows, they’ll likely want a more spacious bed.
Zinus Compack Adjustable Steel Bed Frame for Full to King Sizes
Our favorite for 2017
Zinus Compack Adjustable Steel Bed Frame
A great value option
Hercules Universal Heavy Duty Adjustable Metal Bed Frame with Double Rail Center Bar and 7-Locking Rug Rollers
A heavy-duty metal bed frame
And you’ll need to buy a new bed frame with each new mattress size.
The good news is that adjustable bed frames allow you to break this money-draining cycle and have a frame that can be adjusted between a magnitude of mattress sizes without spending a dime more.
When deciding which adjustable bed frame to choose, keep the following pointers in mind:
- Leg Supports: The more legs that are present, normally 7 – 9, the more support the frame will have. Heavier users will want to maximize the amount of legs available so that they know their frame will be able to hold their weight easily.
- Rollers: Static beds are great, but they’re difficult to move. Some bed frames do include wheels with locks, which are ideal if you plan on reorganizing the room often. Kids often do better with static beds that are more secure.
- Height: The frame height is important if you would like added storage space. Many people like to slide things under their bed from shoe boxes to exercise equipment. If you’re the type of person that stores a lot of items under the bed, keep the height of the frame’s legs in mind.
These are three tips that will allow you to pick the right bed frame for your needs.
Reviews of Adjustable Bed Frames
Zinus Compack Adjustable Steel Bed Frame Review – The Zinus Compack is the world’s most accommodating adjust steel bed frame. Offered by one of the world’s top adjustable bed brands, this frame is a budget item and is designed to offer the utmost in options.
Users will be able to use this bed for the following mattress sizes: Full, Queen and King.
You’ll only be able to use this frame with a box spring and mattress set, and the 9 legs and center bar add to the overall stability of the bed. Made with steel and a locking system, you’ll be able to quickly deploy this frame for all three mattress sizes.
This is the ideal bed frame for growing kids that may want a larger mattress in the future.
Hercules Universal Heavy Duty Adjustable Metal Bed Frame Review – The Hercules Universal is designed for Queen/Twin – California King mattress sizes. A heavy-duty design is backed by a double rail center with a 2.5” center bar. Solid steel construction allows for heavier mattresses to be held on the frame and there are holes to attach a headboard.
Assembly hardware to attach the headboard is not included.
There are 7 legs with locking wheeled rug rollers, and assembly takes minutes. Rollers add the ability to easily move the bed – very important for larger, heavier beds.
As a budget level option this frame is ideal for all mattress types with a focus on larger bed sizes, including California King, which many other adjustable frames cannot accommodate.
STRUCTURES by Malouf Heavy Duty 7-Leg LINENSPA Review – STRUCTURES offers an assembly in under 10 minutes, accommodates sizes twin to queen, and can also be adjusted to fit full-size mattresses. This model is priced at a budget level, and it’s the perfect choice for any mattress size up to a queen size.
Four 2.5” rug rollers give the mattress lift to allow you to store items under the mattress, while two of the rollers lock to prevent unwanted rolling.
A total of 7 supports (including the 4 rollers) are included. And there are no tools needed for assembly, which is a major bonus. There is also a 1.5” center support bar, which also offers support glide for added convenience.
Zinus Compack Adjustable Steel Bed Frame Review – This Zinus Compack is slightly different than our first pick because it’s at a very budget level and supports twin, full and queen sizes. If you really like the previous model, the major benefit of the Compack is that it can be used for twin beds and not king beds.
Legs are recessed – goodbye stubbing your toe – and a steel construction allows for even heavier mattresses to be loaded on the frame with ease.
A total of 9 legs are available. Moving this model is difficult as there aren’t any wheels included. While an inconvenience to some, the lack of wheels allows for a more stable design, which is great for kids.
Classic Brands Adjustable Heavy Duty Metal Bed Frame Reviews – This is a unique bed frame that can be adjusted to allow for a mattress head to be lifted much like you what see with hospital beds. Sturdier than the other models on our list, no box spring is needed with this model due to the frame’s design.
More expensive as it’s well with the medium range for a queen model, this frame prevents sagging and the head can be adjusted to several heights.
The frame stands 13 inches off of the ground for added storage space. While the sizing is not adjustable, this frame is available for purchase in all mattress sizes. This is the right mattress if you want to be able to get rid of a box spring and adjust the head of the bed.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Adjustable Bed Frame for You
Adjustable mattress reviews always seem to forget that not everyone is an expert on buying bed frames. When it comes to making a smart decision when buying an adjustable bed frame, there is a lot that goes into the process.
We’re going to discuss a few things to consider when you’re trying to weed through all of the adjustable frames available:
- Price: The price of the frame can be for a budget to a medium price range, and the key thing is to go for quality. What’s really special about adjustable frames is that standard frames are all similar in price, so you can make a decision where pricing isn’t the driving factor.
- Size: There are a lot of bed sizes from twin to king and California king to in-between models, like twin XL. Your frame needs to be able to accommodate your box spring and/or mattress. The idea behind adjustable frames is that they are able to be resized as your needs change.
- Type: Most models will be adjustable in size, but as we saw with the Classic Brands’ frame, some may adjust the head of the bed rather than the size of the bed. Choose the right type for you.
- Box Spring: The vast majority of models will require you to have your own box spring, but the last model is designed to be a box spring, too. An adjustable frame that acts like a box spring may help save you money over the long-term.
If you use these tips, you’ll be able to pick an adjustable mattress frame like a pro.