Let Us Help You Find a Fantastic Budget Mattress
You’re on a tight budget, but you need a new mattress – we’ve all been there before. Buying the cheapest mattress doesn’t mean that you have to settle for low quality. There are quite a few budget-friendly mattresses that will provide you with a good night’s sleep.
Signature Sleep Contour 8-Inch Mattress with CertiPUR-US Certified Foam
Our favorite for 2017
DreamFoam Bedding Ultimate Dreams Mattress
A great value option
Signature Sleep Memoir 6-Inch Memory Foam Mattress with CertiPUR-US Certified Foam
A cheap but quality mattress
How do you find these models, and what do you look for when comparing them?
- Price Range: First, consider your price range. You need a budget-friendly mattress, so you’ll need to set a firm price range to find models you can afford. The last thing you want is to have to sift through mattresses that are in a price bracket that is beyond your reach. Set a budget, and narrow down your search to just models within that price range.
- Brand and Quality: Next, look at the mattress brand and do some research to learn more about the quality of their products. Consider looking for brands that only offer mattresses. If the company offers products in a wide range of categories, the quality may not be the best.
- Buyer Feedback: Another thing to consider is buyer feedback. Research the mattress to see what other people are saying. Is it comfortable? Is it durable? Does it hold its shape? Selecting a model that’s well rated will help you avoid poor quality mattresses and the hassles of having to make returns (or eat the cost of the mattress).
To make your life a little easier, we’ve hand-picked five of the best-selling, budget-friendly mattresses on the market to help you find the right one for your needs.
Reviews – Our 5 Picks for the Best Affordable, Quality Mattress
Signature Sleep Contour 8” Mattress – Signature Sleep’s 8” model is one of the most affordable mattresses out there – just under one hundred and fifty dollars for a twin size at most stores online. Although the price is low, this is a good quality mattress.
The mattress features a combination of memory foam and coils, with 7” 15-gauge coils that are independently cased for equal weight distribution. These coils conform to the natural curves of your body to alleviate pressure points.
On top of the coils is a layer of foam for added comfort and body-embracing support. That extra layer of foam minimizes the feeling of the coils, so you feel as if you’re sleeping on a cloud.
As an added bonus, the foam is low VOC, so it won’t have a negative effect on indoor air quality.
DreamFoam Bedding Ultimate Dreams – DeramFoam’s Ultimate Dreams mattress features a TriZone core for superior comfort and support. This 7” mattress is a budget item, so it’s incredibly affordable.
The TriZone core layer is 6.25” thick, while the plush quilting layer is 0.75” thick for added comfort.
The Ultimate Dreams mattress is available in five sizes, and each one comes at a budget-friendly price point. Even the queen size (the largest size available) is a very affordable option.
And if you’re concerned about quality, you’ll be happy to learn that the foam is Certi-PUR foam.
Sleep Master Ultima – The Ultima features two layers of comfortable, supportive memory foam for a restful night of sleep. And as budget item, it won’t cost you a small fortune just to own one.
The mattress features a 1.5” top layer made of memory foam and a 4.5” bottom layer of high-density supportive foam. The bottom layer offers added support while improving airflow to keep you cool. The top layer adds comfort for a deep sleep.
The entire mattress is enveloped in a knit cover to protect the memory foam.
This is one of the most affordable memory foam mattresses out there, and it’s available in multiple sizes, including Twin XL and California King.
Signature Sleep Essential 6” Coil Mattress – Our second pick from Signature Sleep. While this model isn’t quite as thick as our first pick, it isn’t lacking in comfort and features the same quality materials. The only drawback? It’s only available in two sizes: full and twin.
The inside of the mattress features 13.5-gauge, 5” coil springs and a 1” layer of memory foam for embracing comfort. The foam is low VOC and CertiPUR-US certified, so you can rest assured that it’s of the highest quality.
It’s hard to beat the value of this mattress. If you’re looking for a budget-friendly mattress that gives you the best of both worlds (memory foam and coils), this may just be the ideal choice for you.
Signature Sleep Memoir 6” Memory Foam Mattress – The Memoir from Signature Sleep offers 6” of pure comfort through two layers of foam: 1.5” top memory foam layer and a 4.5” high-density supportive foam base. The base layer improves airflow to keep you cool while conforming to your body’s natural shape.
Like other Signature Sleep products, this mattress uses foam that’s low VOC and CertiPUR-US certified for quality.
You’ll also find that this model comes in a variety of thicknesses and sizes to meet your needs. The 6” twin is the most affordable option, but even the 10” King (the largest and thickest mattress) is a mid-range item.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Best Cheap Mattress Out There
Choosing a mattress is never easy, and if you’re on a tighter budget, it can be even more challenging. But there are a few things that you should be considering when looking at models:
- Mattress Thickness: The thickness of the mattress is an important factor, especially if you’re budget-conscious. The thinner the mattress, the more affordable the price tag – typically. Generally, you’ll find that 6” mattresses come at the lowest price, but do remember that they do not offer as much support as, say, an 8” model.
- Mattress Type: What type of mattress are you looking for? Memory foam was once only available on high-end mattresses, but you can now find affordable options that are well-below the cost of some spring mattresses. Even if you’re on a tight budget, you can usually choose between either spring or memory foam, so choose one based on your personal preference.
- Size: If you plan on sitting the mattress on the floor, you can be flexible with which size you choose. Generally, twin mattresses are the most affordable option, and may be ideal if you’re sleeping alone. You may be able to choose a higher quality mattress that still fits in your price range if you go with a smaller size.
- Cost: Finally, you need to think about the total cost of the mattress. Set a budget and stick to it. It’s easy to overspend when buying a mattress, so be firm with your price range. And don’t forget to factor in the cost of shipping if applicable. This can add a significant amount to the price tag, so always keep shipping costs in mind.