Read Our Guide to the Best Mattresses from the Most Expensive Mattress Brands
You spend eight hours of your day sleeping. Think about that for a minute. You spend an entire work day in your bed – every single day. Do you want to spend those eight hours in luxurious comfort, or tossing and turning?
A luxury mattress comes at a higher price, but it also offers a higher quality construction, better comfort and improved support.
DreamFoam Mattress Ultimate Dreams 13-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress
Our favorite for 2017
15 inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress
A great value option
LUCID 14 Inch Plush Memory Foam Mattress
An extraordinary mattress with 4-layer foam
Choosing a mattress can be difficult, but we hope to make the process a little less painful. We’ve selected five of the best high-end mattresses to help you find the right one for your home. When you’re reading through our reviews and comparing models, consider these factors:
- Mattress Type: When most people think of luxury mattresses, they think of memory foam. It’s true that TempurPedic mattresses are some of the most expensive in the industry, but innerspring mattresses can be luxurious, too. Decide what type of mattress you prefer. This will help you narrow down your choices.
- Mattress Height: Luxury mattresses tend to have higher profiles, which means they’re thicker and typically more comfortable. With memory foam mattresses, a higher bed usually means thicker layers of cradling or supportive foam, which greatly improves the quality of your sleep. Unless height is a serious concern for you (e.g. an injury or medical condition prevents you from climbing onto a high mattress), taller mattresses are preferred.
- Quality and Feedback: High-end mattresses are expensive – there’s no way around that. But if you’re going to spend more, you want to make sure you’re getting a high quality mattress that’s well rated by users. Pay close attention to the materials used to create the mattress and its design. Don’t forget to read through user feedback to see if there are any potential problems with the mattress.
The Top Luxury Mattress Reviews for 2017
DreamFoam Mattress Ultimate Dreams – The Ultimate Dreams mattress from DreamFoam features a 13” height and gel memory foam to keep you cool all night long. Made in the USA, this mattress compares to the Cloud Luxe, but comes at a much more affordable price.
The three-layer construction adds luxurious comfort, with a 3” layer of four-pound gel memory foam, a 2” layer of five-pound memory foam and an 8” premium foam base. These three layers work together to give you cradling comfort and support without the heat build-up of conventional memory foam mattresses.
If you’re looking for a luxury memory foam mattress that will keep you cool all night long, the Ultimate Dreams mattress is a great choice.
Visco Heir ET – The Visco Heir ET memory foam mattress claims to be comparable to the Tempur Cloud. It uses similar manufacturing practices, but comes as a more mid-range level for a king size.
This 11” mattress features a euro top and is constructed with high quality viscoelastic memory foam. The three-layer construction offers luxurious comfort and support. The 1” top layer is infused with bamboo to keep you cool, the 3” middle layer features traditional memory foam, and the 7” base is comprised of high-resiliency base foam.
All foam is built with renewable and natural resources, making this an eco-friendly choice for buyers.
LUCID 14 Inch Plush Memory Foam Mattress – LUCID’s 14” plush memory foam mattress features three layers and charcoal to absorb odors and moisture.
Two layers of memory foam sit on top of a supportive foam base to give this mattress a plush, luxurious feel. A 1” layer of bamboo and charcoal infused foam is built into the quilted cover. The mattress also features a gel-infused foam layer for pressure-point relief and to keep you cool all night long.
The 8” high density foam base adds support to the comfort layers.
All foam is CertiPUR-US certified for quality and performance. LUCID only uses foam with open cell technology, which is more breathable than conventional memory foam.
Casper Mattress, King – The Casper Mattress features a blend of latex and foam for luxurious comfort while keeping you cool and giving you the support you need.
The 1.5” top layer is comprised of Dunlop latex foam, while the dense foam base provides long-lasting support.
The luxury mattress cover included with this model is hand sewn in Illinois and South Carolina.
This mattress was designed by IDEO engineers from the ground up, and is manufactured in the USA.
The Casper mattress has been featured on CNN, and is the ideal option if you want a mattress that will keep you cool and would rather avoid gel memory foam.
Icon Sleep 15 inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress – Looking for a memory foam mattress with a medium-firm feel? The Icon Sleep 15” foam mattress may just be the right choice for you.
Standing tall at 15”, this mattress features a three-layer construction: 1” layer of 4-pound gel memory foam, 3” layer of high density foam, and a 7” base layer of high density reflexive foam. All foam is CertiPUR-US certified for superior quality and performance.
With a medium comfort feel, this mattress provides a little more support than other models on our list. Icon Sleep’s foam is also infused with aloe vera, silver science and charcoal for freshness and to help keep you cool at night.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Best Luxury Mattresses for You
When you buy a luxury mattress, you expect to sleep like a king or queen. But just because a mattress has a high price, that doesn’t automatically mean it will be comfortable to sleep on. When choosing a high-end mattress, keep these things in mind:
- Where the Mattress Was Made: Most of the mattresses on our list are made in the U.S., and there’s a reason for that – the quality is usually much higher than mattresses made in China. That’s not to say that mattresses from China can’t be of high quality – they can be – but you’re more likely to get a more durable, long-lasting model from a company that manufactures in the U.S. While it shouldn’t be your top priority, do consider where the mattress was made.
- Extra Features: Many luxury memory mattresses are infused with bamboo, aloe vera, charcoal and natural plant oils. These little extras add to the freshness of the mattress, and they also help absorb moisture while keeping you cool. If you’re looking for the ultimate in luxury, consider models that have these little extra features.
- Firmness: Some memory foam mattresses list comfort or firmness levels in their product descriptions, which can help you choose a model that suits your support needs. Medium firmness is ideal for back and side sleepers, but if you’re a stomach sleeper, consider a softer bed. Conventional memory foam is ideal for stomach sleepers.
- Price: If you’re in the market for a luxury mattress, price is likely not a major consideration – which is a good thing. You spend a great deal of your life sleeping, so you want a mattress that gives you the comfort and support you need to enjoy a restful, rejuvenating night of sleep.