Let Us Help You Find Best Adjustable Mattress on the Market
An adjustable bed allows you to customize the position of your mattress by moving the head and foot areas up or down. Most people associate adjustable beds with hospital beds, but new models for home often offer a more comfortable sleep than even the most expensive stationary mattress.
DynastyMattress S-Cape Adjustable Bed
Our favorite for 2017
Primo International Fleet Metal Mesh Adjustable Electric Bed Frame
A great value option
Reverie 7S Adjustable Bed
An adjustable bed with heavy, durable steel
If you’re in the market for an adjustable bed, you’ll want to keep these things in mind when weighing your options:
- Independent Controls: This point is only important if you have a sleeping partner. Split mattresses often allow for individual controls, so each partner can adjust the bed’s position to his or her liking. If you have a partner, seriously consider buying a bed that offers this option. Otherwise, you will both need to sleep in the same position.
- Mattress and Frame: When comparing different models, make sure you understand what you’re getting. Some listings are purely for the bed base, while others include both the base and the mattress itself. If you’re looking to buy both a mattress and frame, make sure that the listing explicitly states that it includes both.
- Ratings: Adjustable beds are expensive – there’s no way around that. If you’re going to make a big investment, you want to make sure it’s a good one. Only consider mattresses that are well-rated by users. The last thing you want is to buy a frame or mattress, and have to go through the hassle of returning it.
Not everyone has time to sift through all of the adjustable beds on the market. We did most of the hard work for you, and hand-picked five of the best adjustable beds to help you find the right one for your needs.
Adjustable Mattress Reviews Guide for 2017
REVERIE 5D DELUXE – The Reverie 5D Deluxe is a split-king adjustable bed from the same makers that brought you the TempurPedic Ergo. This ultra-quiet adjustable bed features a wireless remote control and two programmable memory positions, so you and your partner can both enjoy a restful night of sleep.
Four corner retainer bars are built in, and the head and foot can both be elevated with the touch of a button. A massage feature is also built-in with 10 intensity levels for an even more luxurious experience.
With an 850-pound capacity, this mattress can accommodate just about any sleeper.
If you’re looking for a split adjustable mattress, the Reverie 5D Deluxe is a smart choice.
DynastyMattress Split King 12-Inch CoolBreeze – Priced a little higher than the previous model, the DynastyMattress Split King 12” mattress does offer some advantages. For starters, both beds can be adjusted independently, whereas the previous model only allowed the foot of the mattress to be moved separately.
The S-cape adjustable bed system comes with two wireless remotes, so you can each choose the appropriate setting for your personal preference. This mattress also comes with a WallHugger and a dual massage function for added comfort.
The 12” mattress features three layers: 3” high density gel foam, 4” art cool airflow foam and 5” of high density foam at the base.
As an added bonus, this model comes with two free gel memory foam pillows to complete your memory foam experience.
Primo International Fleet – The Primo International Fleet is a metal adjustable bed frame that’s electronically controlled, and features both head and leg elevation. Please note that this is just the frame – no mattress is included.
The frame features dual motors to separately control the head and foot. The push-button wireless remote control makes it easy to adjust the bed to your liking.
Primo International makes this adjustable frame in two sizes: XL Twin and Queen. Both are affordable in price, and you can purchase a mattress separately to suit your needs.
If you’re looking for just a frame, the Fleet is an excellent choice.
DynastyMattress S-Cape Adjustable Beds – DynastyMattress is one of the best adjustable bed brands on the market, and their quality is on par with TempurPedic. This S-Cape adjustable model features a 12” height and is a split-king model.
Essentially, you will be receiving two mattresses. Each one can be controlled individually, so you and your sleeping partner can get a good night’s rest.
This model comes with two wireless remote controls, a WallHugger and dual massage feature with Wave. Programmable memory positioning allows you and your partner to save your favorite sleeping height.
The 12” mattresses are constructed with two layers of foam: 5” viscoelastic memory foam and 7” high-resilience base foam with an enhanced airflow system. A medium firmness, makes this the ideal mattress for anyone with back pain.
REVERIE 7S ADJUSTABLE BED – The Reverie 7S adjustable bed is also made by the same people who brought you the TempurPedic Ergo. Available in four sizes, this mattress allows you to elevate the head and foot to just about any angle. And with an 850-pound capacity, this bed can accommodate just about everyone.
A massage feature is built-in, and features 10 intensity levels. You can choose to massage just the head or foot, or the entire body.
An optional Bluetooth Mobile Module is available that lets you control the bed using your iPhone or tablet through a free app.
If you’re looking for an affordable alternative to TempurPedic’s Ergo, the Reverie 7S is a smart choice.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Best Adjustable Bed for You
Still not sure which bed to choose? There are many things to consider when buying an adjustable bed, and these factors can help you narrow down your choices.
- Size: Consider what size mattress you want. If you’re buying an adjustable bed, there’s a good chance that you’ll be buying both the frame and the mattress, so you’re free to upgrade to a bigger size if you have the space and the budget.
- Split Mattress: Expanding on the last point, you also want to think about whether you want a split mattress. Split mattresses allow you to control each side of the bed independently, which makes this the ideal choice for couples.
- Remote and Programmable Position: Ideally, you want a mattress that has a wireless remote and programmable positions. The remote will allow you to adjust the bed’s position without having to get out of bed. And programmable positions allow you to automatically adjust to the exact position you prefer.
- Massage Feature: Some adjustable beds have a massage feature, while others do not. Decide whether this is an important feature for you to have. Many of the models on our list have a massage function, and some even allow you to target certain areas of the body, such as the head or feet.
- Price: A quality adjustable bed will be a high-end item. But they are well worth the cost. While you should be prepared to spend over a thousand dollars, it’s still important to set a budget and choose the highest quality bed you can afford. And if you’re only buying the frame, don’t forget to factor in the cost of the mattress.