Let Us Help You Find the Best Sleeping Mattress After 2015
You spend one third of your life sleeping. That’s right – one third of your life. If you’re sleeping on the wrong mattress, you’re going to wake up in pain. The quality of your sleep will suffer, too. It’s worth the extra cost to invest in a good mattress.
Signature Sleep Memoir 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress with CertiPUR-US Certified Foam
Our favorite for 2017
Zinus Memory Foam Green Tea Mattress
A great value option
Sleep Innovations Shiloh 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress
A well constructed and comfortable mattress
What’s the best bed to sleep on? We’re going to help you find the right mattress for your home. Here are some things to keep in mind when you’re comparing models:
- Mattress Type: There are several different types of mattresses on the market today, from memory foam to latex and the classic spring mattress. We recommend memory foam because of its high comfort and support level. Memory foam alleviates pressure points and provides personalized support that’s unique to your body shape.
- Quality: The quality of the mattress is an obvious concern. A poor quality mattress will give you a miserable night of sleep and may even leave you in pain. This tends to be a major issue with spring mattresses. And if you’re considering memory foam, you’ll want to consider the quality of the foam. Always look for CertiPUR-US certified foam, which meets stringent quality standards.
- Thickness: The height of the mattress is another consideration. The thicker the mattress is, the higher the profile. While taller mattresses tend to offer more comfort and support, they may be too high for shorter users. On the other hand, a thin mattress (6” or less) may sit too low to the ground, which can make it difficult for older or taller users to get in and out of bed.
Top Rated Mattresses Reviews for 2017
Signature Sleep Memoir Memory Foam Mattress – The Signature Sleep Memoir is a 12” memory foam mattress that’s CertiPUR-US certified and affordably priced.
For optimal comfort and support, the Memoir features two layers: a 3.5” memory foam layer and an 8.5” high density foam base. The top layer conforms to your body’s natural shape for cloud-like comfort, while the base offers extra support to prevent back pain.
The Memoir comes with a stretch knit cover to protect the mattress and for added breathability.
For added convenience and easy setup, this mattress comes compressed and vacuum sealed – no special delivery arrangements required.
Sleep Innovations Shiloh 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress – The Shiloh mattress from Sleep Innovations is affordable, comfortable and durable. The DuoComfort design offers a medium firmness and light cradling comfort for a restful night of sleep.
The Shiloh is comprised of two layers: a 2.5” top layer of SureTemp memory foam and a 9.5” base layer of Support-Plus foam. The top layer adds breathability to keep you cool, while the bottom layer offers extra support for aching backs.
With proven pressure point relief, this mattress will have you sleeping comfortably all night long with less tossing and turning.
This mattress comes compressed, rolled up and vacuum sealed, so it ships right to your front door.
Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel – Brentwood Home’s Bamboo Gel mattress is a generous 13” tall and comes in a wide range of sizes, including short queen, Olympic queen, California king, and split king.
Offering a medium feel, this mattress is made with CertiPUR-US certified foam and is free of heavy metals, phthalates, formaldehyde and other harsh chemicals.
A 3.5” layer of gel memory foam helps keep you cool all night long, while the New Zealand wool liner offers natural antimicrobial properties. A 4-way stretchy knit bamboo cover is included to protect the mattress and add an extra layer of comfort.
Brentwood Homes makes this mattress right in their workshops in Los Angeles, CA, and all foam meets stringent quality standards.
DynastyMattress Cool Breeze – Just as its name promises, the DynastyMattress Cool Breeze will keep you cool all night long. Available in a 12” height and a wide range of sizes (including queen RV, RV short king and split Calking), this mattress is a great choice for any home.
The Cool Breeze features a 4-layer construction for optimal comfort and support. These layers include: 3” gel foam, two layers of 2” Cool AirFlow foam and a 5” high density base.
All of the foam used to create this mattress is CertiPUR-US certified to meet stringent quality standards. A luxurious cover is also included to protect the mattress and improve breathability.
DynastyMattress also includes two free gel memory foam pillows with this model.
Zinus Memory Foam Green Tea Mattress – The Zinus memory foam mattress is one of the most affordable models on our list, but it’s also one of the most comfortable thanks to its pressure-relieving support.
This Zinus mattress features four layers of foam: 3” memory foam, 2” comfort foam, 3.5” airflow HD (high density) foam and 3.5” HD base support foam.
Three features set this memory foam mattress apart from the others: BioFoam, ActivCharcoal and green tea extract.
Zinus replaced some of the petroleum in traditional memory foam with natural plant oils for a more eco-friendly mattress. The ActivCharcoal absorbs odors and moisture, while the green tea extract maintains freshness.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Mattress That Will Give a Great Night’s Sleep
You need a new mattress and you want a model that will give you a good night of sleep. But here’s the problem: you can’t know if a mattress will be comfortable to sleep on until you actually sleep on it.
With that said, there are some things you can look for to make sure you choose the right mattress:
- Memory Foam: We talked about mattress types earlier, but if you’re looking to get a good night of sleep, we highly recommend memory foam. All of our mattress picks are memory foam, and for good reason: they offer unbeatable comfort and support. Pressure point relief and cradling comfort will have you sleeping through the night without having to constantly toss and turn.
- Size: It should go without saying that you’ll need to choose the appropriate size for your bed frame. But if you’re purchasing a new frame or base for your mattress, consider which size would work best for you. Upgrading from a full to queen or queen to king may make it even easier to sleep through the night because you have more space to sprawl out.
- Mattress Layers: This point only applies to foam mattress, although some spring hybrids also have layers. Nearly all memory foam mattresses have layers, and these layers affect the comfort and support level of the bed. We recommend looking for models that have at least two layers: a cradling top layer and a supportive bottom layer.
- Price: Cost is the final consideration, but for many buyers, it’s the most important. The price of the mattress will likely be the deciding factor in which model you buy, but do make sure that you opt for quality over lower cost. It’s worth spending more on a good mattress for the sake of your health.