Our Guide to the Top Memory Foam Mattresses after 2015
You want a memory foam mattress, but you want to make sure you get the best value for your money. Value becomes particularly important when buying any type of memory foam product because not every company provides a quality product.
Perfect Cloud UltraPlush Gel-Max 10 Inch Memory Foam Mattress
Our favorite for 2017
Signature Sleep 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress
A great value option
Brentwood Home 13-Inch Gel HD Memory Foam Mattress
Brilliant from Brentwood
How can you make sure that you get a mattress that will meet your standards? Keep these key things in mind when comparing models:
- Customer Experiences: One of the first things that you should be looking at are customer reviews. A high quality mattress will have plenty of genuine positive reviews. If a model has problems with losing its shape or falling apart, you can bet that users will be complaining online. Look for models that have good ratings, and make sure that the majority of the reviews are genuine.
- Mattress Profile: The thickness of a memory foam mattress is important. The thicker the mattress, the more support and cushioning it provides. But it’s important to keep in mind that thicker mattresses typically come at a higher price.
- Mattress Layers: A good memory foam mattress will have at least two layers of different foam types, typically one layer of memory foam and one layer of high density support foam. The high density support foam offers – you guessed it – extra support, while the memory foam layer conforms to your body.
- Manufacturer: Opt for a brand that has a good reputation and is well-known, so you know that you’re getting a quality product. That doesn’t mean that you have to spend thousands of dollars on a Tempurpedic mattress, but you should opt for a company that has a good track record with its customers and stands by its products.
These are the most important things to consider when comparing models, but you may also use some criteria of your own that you would like to add to the mix.
If you’re still unsure of which mattress to buy, we’re here to help. We’ve selected five of the top-rated foam mattresses on the market to help you find the perfect model for your home.
Top 5 Foam Mattress Reviews
These five mattress models meet our criteria for quality. They’re all backed by well-known brands, offer multiple layers of foam for added comfort, and are big hits with customers.
Signature Sleep 12” Memory Foam Mattress – Signature Sleeps’ 12” memory foam mattress alleviates pressure points on your shoulders and hips, allowing you to enjoy truly a restful night of sleep. And unlike other competing models, you won’t feel like you’re sinking into this bed. The 4-pound memory foam offers firm support and boasts an ILD (Indentation Load Deflection) of 9.
To provide you with optimal comfort and support, this mattress features two important layers. A 4 inch layer of high-performance memory foam minimizes pressure points, while an 8 inch layer of high density foam offers optimal support cushioning while improving durability.
As an added bonus, the entire mattress is enveloped in a breathable knit fabric cover that’s removable and washable.
Lucid 12” Gel Memory Foam Mattress – Lucid is one of the most respected names in the memory foam industry, and their 12” gel memory foam model is one of our favorites. With three layers and a 4-pound density, this mattress will provide you with years of comfort.
This mattresses’ three comfort layers include:
- 2” ventilated gel memory foam layer
- 2” open cell memory foam layer
- 8” high density support foam layer
All three layers work together to provide you luxurious cushioning and optimal support. All of these layers are wrapped in a plush, breathable cover.
The best part? This mattress is CertiPUR-US Certified.
Perfect Cloud UltraPlush 10” Memory Foam Mattress – Perfect Cloud’s UltraPlush mattress features three layers, a removable and breathable knit cover, and a 25 year warranty. It also comes in some unusual sizes, like Short Queen and California King.
The mattress’ first 2” layer is made of air infused memory foam, which allows for optimal airflow, so you don’t wake up in a sweat. To keep you cooler for longer, the second 2” layer features Gel-Max memory foam that helps regulate your sleeping temperature. The final 6.5” layer features HD base support foam, which adds that extra support you need for a restful night of sleep.
CertiPUR-US Certified, this model will provide you with the plush comfort you’re looking for while keeping you cool all night long.
Brentwood Home 13” Gel HD Memory Foam Mattress – Brentwood Home’s 13” HD gel memory foam mattress is the thickest model on our list, and it’s also the most expensive. But with 3 layers of memory foam, a natural wool sleep surface and a bamboo cover, it’s worth stretching your budget to sleep on this luxurious mattress.
Offering a medium feel, this model features a top 3.5” layer of gel infused HD memory foam, which keeps you cool at night while adjusting to the shape of your body and eliminating pressure points. The second 2” layer features a ventilated airflow foam layer that further helps you stay cool and comfortable. The final 7.5”base provides optimal support, and enhances the effects of the other layers. On top of these layers is a natural wool surface, and the entire mattress is encased in a bamboo cover for added comfort and a healthy sleep environment.
Sleep Innovations 12” Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress – Another model that offers a medium feel, the Sleep Innovations Shiloh mattress features two layers and light cradling comfort. Other memory foam mattresses can make you feel like you’re crawling out of the ditch when you try to get out of the bed. This won’t happen with this mattress.
Two layers of foam provide you with support cushioning that allow you to get a restful night of sleep. The first layer is 2 1/2 inches thick, and features Sleep Innovations’ patented SureTemp memory foam. The second layer is 9 1/2 inches thick, and features high density support foam.
Backed by a 20 year warranty and an affordable price, this is one mattress that is hard to pass up.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Best Rated Memory Foam Mattress
What makes one memory foam mattress better than another? Well you likely have your own personal factors that you need to consider, but there are some general things that you need to keep in mind when shopping for a new mattress.
Type of Memory Foam: One of the key first important things to look at is a type of memory foam that’s used. If you’re the type of person that gets hot at night, a traditional memory foam mattress may not be the right choice for you. Look for models that use open cell technology or are infused with gel. These provide better airflow, and will keep you cooler at night.
- Size and Density: Of course, you’ll need to also take a look at the size of the mattress. Make sure that you choose one that will fit your bed frame. Memory foam mattresses are no different than a traditional spring mattress in terms of sizes. Don’t forget to look at the density, too. The more dense the mattress is, the more durable it will be.
- Firmness: Some manufacturers offer firmness ratings, while others do not. If you have a particular preference, look for models that do offer these ratings to ensure that you choose one that suits your personal needs. Most memory foam mattresses are either firm or medium.
- Price: Finally, you want to choose a model that fits in your budget. Price will likely be the ultimate deciding factor, but avoid making this the primary factor. Don’t choose a model just because it’s the cheapest option, but rather choose the best quality you can afford.