A good night’s sleep is not difficult to come by when you rest your head on the Iso-Cool Memory Foam Pillow by Sleep Better. This review lets you in on what makes this cushioned head support an essential must-have for uninterrupted sleep to enjoy your sweet dreams.
With special beads that help regulate your body’s temperature no matter what kind of weather it is, Sleep Better’s Iso-Cool Pillow makes sleeping comfortable and relaxed like no other pillow can. Featuring the Sleep Better innovation Outlast Adaptive Comfort, this material adjusts to your body’s temperature, whatever it may be.
These microscopic beads, made of Phase Change Material (PCM), “sense” if your temperature is too cool or too warm, releasing heat for the former and absorbing heat for the latter. The Iso-Cool pillow is available in luxurious and supportive fillings: visco-elastic foam and spiral-spun polyester. Read on for the other great features of this unique pillow.
- Made of Outlast Adaptive Control material with microscopic PCM beads that give the pillow adaptability to absorb heat (it becomes cool) or release it (it becomes warm).
- The Iso-Cool is a duly registered trademark in the U.S. Patent Office.
- Made of 100% cotton.
- Measures 16 inches by 22 inches by 2 inches.
- U.S. made.
- Cotton over has a 300-thread count, with zippered closure, and is hypoallergenic.
- Mattress toppers made with the same Iso-Cool technology are available separately.
- Choice of fill is made of visco-elastic memory foam or spiral-spun polyester in a gusseted design.
- Machine washable.
- Cover can be easily removed.
- The pillow has been designed for maximum comfort especially for those who sleep on their back sides.
- Provides good support for the neck and head.
- It doesn’t sink in the middle or at the sides whatever movement is made on it.
- Neither too firm nor too soft.
- Does not overheat.
- Comes with a warranty of 15 years.
Pros and Cons of the Iso-Cool Memory Foam Pillow
- Regulated temperature of body heat is provided by the Outlast Adaptive Comfort material with microscopic PCM beads.
- PCM beads keep sleeper warm on cold nights and cool on hot nights.
- Gusseted design of pillow provides maximum comfort.
- Head and neck are properly aligned with proper support.
- Sleeping comfort is guaranteed by the visco-elastic fill while it maintains the pillow’s height all the way to its edge.
- Made of hypoallergenic material.
- Machine washable foam.
- Easy-to-remove cover is zippered.
- Pliable yet firm.
- Very affordable for its class.
- Highly dense material supports weight and molds according to pressure made by the body and reverts back into its original shape when that pressure has been removed.
- Pillow’s texture is silky smooth because of the 300-thread count.
- Pillow may lose its firmness after at least six months.
- Highly dense material may result in sore neck.
- Those who are smell-sensitivity may experience a kind of faint odor.
What Customers Say About It
On a popular consumer website the pillow has over one thousand positive reviews. Most customers found the balance between softness and firm support ideal and it helped them to sleep comfortably throughout the night. A majority of reviews cited the benefits of the pillow that has kept them cool and warm exactly when their temperatures need these most.
The Iso-Cool Memory Foam Pillow’s regulatory technology seems to automatically stop coolness or warmth after reaching the appropriate body temperature, which is saying a lot, as far as customers as concerned. Those who sleep on their back and sides are especially benefited by this pillow.
As to the “con” of a sore neck, this would seem as more of an exception rather than the rule since there were relatively few customers who experienced sore necks from use of the Iso-Cool pillow. As to the loss of its firmness after six months, this may be an issue that involves more of how customers used their pillows more than the quality of the pillow itself.
As to the faint odor, it may be the result of having been compressed for packing and eventual shipment. Customer reviews that reported this odor may be smell-sensitive, although the kind of odor was not described by any customer as having been of the foul kind. Still, this issue must be addressed by Sleep Better ASAP since it comes up regularly from reviews on other websites.
There is no doubt that favorable reviews of the pillow far outweigh those that are not. As to the issue of losing support for the neck or head after several months of use, you can always use the 15-year warranty and ask for a replacement. As to the issue of odor, airing the pillow out for a few days have worked for other customers as per their reviews.
The Iso-Cool Memory Foam Pillow is a quality product that you should get if you have support issues with both your head and your neck. And those who have body temperature changes quite often, then this pillow is your versatile sleep companion that will give you warmth and cool as your body temperature dictates.
For all of its features, the Iso-Cool has the best price for a pillow in its class.