How to Compare Adjustable Beds and Find the Right One for You
Adjustable beds aren’t just for hospitals – they’re ideal for sleepers of all sizes, weights and health levels. The problem with a flat mattress is that you’re forced to sleep in cramped positions all night long. An adjustable bed allows you to sleep on your back while inclining both your upper and lower body for an exceptional night of comfort.
DynastyMattress Split King 12-Inch CoolBreeze GEL Memory Foam Mattress
Our favorite for 2020
DynastyMattress New Cool Breeze 12-Inch HD GEL Memory Foam Mattress for Adjustable Beds
A great value option
DynastyMattress Split King 15.5-Inch AtlantisBreeze GEL Memory Foam Mattress
Offers free home delivery and setup!
An adjustable bed can alleviate back pain, improve asthma and snoring, relieve heartburn, improve your breathing at night and even offer relief for restless leg syndrome.
But there’s no getting around the fact that adjustable beds are more expensive than your ordinary mattress. How can you compare models to make sure you’re making a worthwhile investment? Consider these points:
- Individual or Split: Most adjustable beds give you the option of purchasing just one mattress or a set of two. If you have a partner, you may consider purchasing a split model. Split models have individual controls, so you and your partner can each choose your desired height.
- Mattress Quality: Naturally, you want to consider the quality of the mattress when comparing models. Memory foam is the preferred option because it offers both exceptional comfort and support where you need it most. If you have trouble staying cool at night, you may consider a model that has HD and/or gel-infused foam for better airflow to stay cool at night.
- Delivery Options and Warranties: Adjustable beds require a special frame, so you’ll want to consider the available delivery options. Ideally, you want a company that offers in-home delivery and setup, so you don’t have to lug in the heavy boxes yourself. Don’t forget to consider warranties, too.
We know how difficult it can be to find and research quality adjustable beds, and our goal is to make your life just a little bit easier. We’ve selected five of the best models on the market, so you can find the ideal mattress for your needs.
Our Reviews for the Top Rated Adjustable Beds
DynastyMattress CoolBreeze – The CoolBreeze adjustable mattress from DynastyMattress features gel memory foam for a cooler night’s sleep. This complete sleep system features S-cape performance, a dual massage feature, wireless controls and a WallHugger. You also get two gel memory foam pillows for free.
Offering the same level of comfort you get with Tempur-Pedic this adjustable mattress is exceptionally quiet, so you don’t disturb your partner when changing positions. You can even program your preferred position for easy use.
The 12” mattress features a 3” layer of HD memory foam infused with gel to keep you cool. Beneath this layer is a 2” layer of cool airflow foam.
With medium firmness, this mattress is comfortable yet supportive for pain and pressure point relief.
DynastyMattress Split King CoolBreeze – The Split King CoolBreeze mattress from Dynasty offers two sleep systems with dual remotes for individual control. Now, you and your partner can enjoy a comfortable night of restful sleep with just the click of a button.
Like the previous model, this one comes with a WallHugger, two wireless remotes, dual-massage feature and a power button. You also get two free gel memory foam pillows as well as the adjustable bed frame.
Two 12” mattress are included with this system. Each features a 3” layer of HD gel-infused memory foam, a 4” layer of Cool Airflow foam and a 5” HD foam support base.
All foam is CertiPUR-US certified, and you get free in-home delivery and setup for the base.
DynastyMattress New Cool Breeze – Dynasty’s new CoolBreeze mattress does not come with a base, but is available at an exceptionally-affordable price. The only catch with this mattress is that you have to have an adjustable base of your own.
The mattress features a 3” layer of HD memory foam with improved airflow for a cooler night of sleep. A 2” layer of Cool Airflow foam adds to the breathability and comfort of this mattress, and a 5” HD support base provides you with exceptional support.
Along with the mattress, you’ll receive two free gel pillows and a cover for added protection.
DynastyMattress Split King AtlantisBreeze – The split king AtlantisBreeze adjustable mattress features an S-cape design and the frame for a complete sleep system. This set comes with two mattresses and two separate wireless remotes, so you and your sleeping partner can choose your own personal comfort level.
A WallHugger is included, and a dual massage feature is built in with three intensity levels: low, medium and high.
Programmable memory positioning is available, and the motors are exceptionally quiet, so you don’t wake your sleeping partner.
The six-layer construction of this 15.5” mattress includes HD foam with cooling gel to keep you cooler at night and a supportive base for added pain relief.
DynastyMattress Split King CoolBreeze – Our final pick from DynastyMattress is the split king version of the CoolBreeze mattress. This is a complete system that includes the base and two king mattresses. Like the other split models from Dynasty, this one comes with two wireless remotes as we all as a dual massage feature and a WallHugger.
Each unit can be independently controlled for personalized comfort, and you can program your desired position, so you always sleep comfortably every night.
This 14” mattress features four layers: 4” gel CoolBreeze foam layer, 1” HD foam layer, 2” Cool Airflow layer and a 5” supportive base. With a medium firmness, this mattress is ideal for sleepers with back pain.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Best Adjustable Bed Base for You
A mattress – especially an adjustable one – is an investment. That’s why it’s so important to take your time and really weigh your options before making a final decision. If you’re having trouble narrowing down your choices, here are some factors to consider:
- Frame: Does the mattress also come with a frame? Most of the models on our list do come with a frame, so you get the complete system. But if you already have a frame, you can opt for just the mattress. Make sure that the mattress is compatible with your existing frame if you go this route.
- Mattress Material: What material is the mattress made of? All of the models on our list are made with memory foam because if offers great comfort and support. But you may prefer a more traditional mattress. Determine which type fits your needs.
- Accessories: Some mattress comes with additional accessories, such as free pillows. While not an incredibly important factor, it is one to consider.
- Size and Thickness: Make sure that you choose a mattress size that’s comfortable for you. If you have a partner, a king size bed will give you plenty of space, but a queen can work well for both single sleepers and those with partners. You should also consider the thickness of the mattress. The higher the profile, the greater the comfort and support.
- Price: We can’t forget about price. Adjustable beds cost more – there’s no way to avoid that – so make sure you set a suitable budget. In this case, it’s better to go with a bed that meets your needs than compromising just to save money, even if that means waiting a little longer and saving up for the better mattress.