How to Find the Best Side and Stomach Sleeping Pillow After 2015
Trying to find the best pillow for you is difficult. People often give little thought to the pillows that they buy because they don’t consider their sleeping habits. A person that lays on their back will need a different pillow than a person that sleeps on their stomach or side.
Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow
Our favorite for 2020
Good Life Essentials Hotel Collection Queen Shredded Memory Foam Pillow
A great value option
Slim Sleeper Memory Foam Pillow
A great thin pillow
And there is feather, memory foam, gel and several other materials that pillows are made out of on the market today.
Choosing the right pillow is tedious, but you’ll find that you sleep better than you could have imagined. Let’s take a look at how you can compare the different types of pillows so that you choose a pillow best suited for you – a good night’s sleep depends on it.
- Material: Memory foam conforms to the head. Gel is less supportive, yet provides a cooler night’s sleep. The material you choose should be breathable, comfortable and ideal for you.
- Wicking: If you wake up with a sweaty head, aim for a pillow that promotes breathable features and wicks well. This can come in many forms, and you may just need a pillow cover that offers breathability.
- Position: Some pillows are good for all positions, and some are ideal for side sleepers or stomach sleepers. If you’re a stomach sleeper, find a pillow for stomach sleepers, or a pillow that offers a one-size-fits-all approach.
You’ll find that most pillows are versatile in the sense that they can be used for multiple positions. But you do want to take material type into consideration to ensure it’s suitable for your sleeping style.
Reviews of Pillows for Side and Stomach Sleepers
Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow Review – Snuggle-Pedic creates a pillow made from bamboo and memory foam that is both environmentally-friendly and extra comfortable. This pillow comes in three sizes: standard, queen and king.
A micro-vented cover is present that features Kool-Flow technology, which allows the pillow to be breathable and keeps you cool at night.
Orthopedic support is provided as this pillow conforms to your head. Hypoallergenic and dust-mite resistant, this pillow is soft yet provides the support you need to keep your spine in proper alignment while sleeping.
If you need an all-around pillow that’s perfect for side sleepers, stomach sleepers and pregnant users, this is a superb choice.
Shredded Memory Foam Pillow Review – Made entirely in the United States, the Shredded memory foam pillow comes with a bamboo cover that’s specially designed to keep you cool when you sleep. Resistant to dust mites and hypoallergenic, this pillow cradles your head for the utmost in comfort.
Promoting proper neck and spine alignment, you’ll sleep the night through with no pain or aches in the morning.
Available in several sizes, this pillow never gets flat and is backed by a 5-year warranty. Created with strips of memory foam, you can fluff this pillow up – unlike other memory foam pillows. The Shredded is ideal for all types of sleepers thanks to its comfortable, conforming memory foam.
Slim Sleeper Memory Foam Review – If you’ve ever felt that your pillow was simply too thick, this is the best low-profile, memory foam pillow on our list. Thin, this pillow is recommended for stomach and back sleepers, but it lacks the proper support for side sleepers.
Memory foam reduces pressure put on pressure points, and this firm pillow is just 3 inches thick when laid flat. Bed-bug resistant, hypoallergenic, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties keep this pillow like new for years.
We also like that you can take the cover off and wash it as needed.
If you’re looking for a pillow made for stomach sleepers specifically, look no further.
CozyCloud Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow Review – You don’t call a pillow the “CozyCloud” unless it can live up to its name. Available in queen and king sizes, this pillow also offers shredded memory foam to allow you to fluff the pillow and works to keep you cool at night.
Created by chiropractors, this is a pillow that provides superior support for the neck and spine.
Since you can fluff and shape this pillow (thank you shredded memory foam), you can use this pillow for all positions: back, side and stomach. The cover is made of 40% bamboo and 60% polyester for added comfort while sleeping.
The Pancake Pillow – Adjustable Layer Pillow Review – If you’re not worried about price, this is the pillow for you. Versatility is something lacking from most pillows, but this isn’t the case with the Pancake Pillow. What makes this pillow unique is that you can adjust it to your liking – perfect for rough sleepers.
Soft to the touch, this pillow offers a 300 thread count cover and will accommodate sleepers of all styles.
There are six, stackable internal inserts that allow you to adjust this pillow’s height as you see fit. A microfiber fill is featured, which is both comfortable and durable. You’ll find this pillow in king and queen size options.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Stomach and Side Sleeper Pillow for You
Buying a pillow, or the right pillow for that matter, is rather difficult. There are a lot of things you need to consider, and you need to know that there’s a major difference between a cheap pillow and an expensive pillow.
You’re sleeping for a third of your life, so you don’t want to skimp out on buying the best pillow possible.
A few of the tips to buying the right pillow are:
- Price: Your budget has a major influence on the pillow you purchase. Expect to spend a reasonable amount on a pillow that is very well-rated, comes with the utmost comfort and can provide you with a comfortable night’s sleep.
- Size: It’s tempting to buy the biggest pillow possible, but this doesn’t mean it will fit on the bed side-by-side with another pillow. Always buy a pillow with the appropriate size in comparison to your bed. If you have a queen-sized bed, buy a pillow meant for a queen bed.
- Type: The way you sleep is unique. Back sleepers often do better with flatter pillows, while side sleepers sleep better with memory foam. The key most important thing is spine alignment, and only a pillow suited to your unique sleeping style will suffice.
Side, stomach and back sleepers need a pillow to meet their sleeping style needs. If you wake up with aches and pains or you are having a restless night of sleep on a regular basis, it’s time to purchase a pillow that is meant for your preferred sleeping position.